Good Afternoon Comet Parents
This past week was a busy week of football!!!
1. The SEYFA league mtg was Wed night in Racine. Quite a bit was covered, and our league has exploded with teams as compared to 2019. Will review all details with all of you as soon as the final confirmation is complete and due by all communities this weekend.
2. We expect to see game schedules sometime the first week of August.
3. 1st/2nd Grade Coaches mtg was held @ 6-7 PM Thursday night.
4. FLAG Coaches mtg was held immediately afterwards at 7-8 PM
5. 3rd/4th Grade Coaches mtg is scheduled this coming Monday night 7/26 6 PM
6. ALL Coaches mtg is this Wed night 7/28 6-7 PM
7. The NEWBIE CAMP is slated for this Thursday 7/29 530-7 PM – PARENTS of NEW PLAYERS and all NEW PLAYERS ONLY (Tackle and Flag). Held at Thelen Park. Practice review, meet the coaches, ask q’s, etc..
8. New Coaches ONLY Mtg Thur 7-8 PM immediately following Newbie Camp.
9. FIRST PRACTICE for TACKLE – Monday 8/2 530-730 PM Thelen Park – Helmet/Shorts/Cleats/Water bottles. If parents have used cleats and practice pants that are in GREAT shape and they want to donate, please bring them and we’ll have a box available.
10. First week of practice for tackle players is Mon thru Thursday. Every player must have three conditioning practices before wearing full equipment and pads. So those that attend that week, can go to full pads on Thursday.
11. Tackle practices for week two thru four will be Monday thru Thursday. After the first game on 8/28 the practice days will only be Tues thru Thur going forward. For the 1st/2nd grade team ONLY, they are restricted to two practices a week only so Tues and Thur only starting week five.
12. FIRST PRACTICE for FLAG is Tuesday 8/3 530-730. There will also be practice on Wed and Thursday. The next week, and all those forward…practices will be Tues and Thursday only.
13. MANDATORY PARENT MEETING – 8/2 6-7 PM – State Bank of the Lakes Spring Grove – One parent minimum required to attend. 1906 Holian Dr, Spring Grove, IL 60081
14. NEW HELMETS have arrived! Our directors will coordinate this handout week one based upon players attending the first two fittings and going forward.
15. I’ve attached a 2021 Sponsor form for anyone interested in supporting our program with a sponsorship. There’s a variety of levels including HUDL sponsors for parents of their sons team as Hudl fees are $400 per team.