Comet Update 3/29/21

Good Morning Comet Parents

Hoping that this email finds all of you safe and well and enjoying your Spring break!

This is just an update to let everyone know where we presently stand for our 2021 Football Season. It was on 4/6/20 of last year that we sent out this 2020 regst email out under much different circumstances. Now here we are one year later, and although things have certainly changed…some decision still remain unclear. But…we will continue to maintain very high hopes of getting back onto the football field this Fall. We also wanted to let all of you know that we will continue to move forward with online registration beginning shortly in mid-April, and all other things such as equipment fittings, etc we can have done at a later date when everything has been clearly, safely, and legally lifted within our area as well as others. It’s nice to see that Baseball is slowly ramping back up (with restrictions), the HS Fall team is playing an abbreviated Spring season, and other sports are beginning to poke their heads out slowly. These are encouraging signs and we hope BETTER days are ahead.

Below are just a few things happening:

1.      Our SEYFA league mtgs continue to be held in person the second Wednesday of the month in Racine, WI both in person and via Zoom.

2.      Some of the WI teams that were previously heavily restricted (Milwaukee and Racine County), are just now beginning to allow park and field usage with restrictions. And this was just as recent as of 10 days ago.

3.      Our 2021 Comets Online registration we hope to open up by the week of April 12th.  We will not collect any money at this point, but hopefully we can at least identify what our estimated helmet count will be at for all grades after a few weeks of live online registration. This should give us an indication of what teams will have an adequate number of players to start a Fall team, and/or any teams that we will need additional players to hopefully field a 2021 team. PLEASE reach out to anyone interested!

4.      We will set the registration costs when we have a clearer picture of what our Fall guidelines will look like. This includes hosting games, traveling, Jamboree, concessions, practices, etc.. We will certainly allow plenty of time for everyone to plan and/or budget the registration expense including the option of extended payment plans if needed that will be spread out, but conclude prior to opening practice weekend.

5.      Based upon last month’s league meeting, an August 2nd opening practice date was approved by all communities for the 2021 Season.

6.      There has been contact made with our uniform provider and they will confirm our latest dates to gather players sizes, and order practice an game equipment to arrive on time.

7.      Coach Noll from the RB Rockets will advise us when he is given the green light of what the proposed date(s) will be for the 2021 Rocket Camp.

8.      If the 8/2/21 opening date stands as proposed above, the ending date of the season will be 10/30/21.

9.      Registration for Spring Flag Football closes this Friday. I’ve heard from some of our players that are playing with teams in our neighboring communities, and some that are going to Kenosha to play. We haven’t had anyone volunteer to coach a team, and/or bring a team to Kenosha. So if you want to play, I would strongly encourage that you can still sign up locally, and/or join in with an established team in Kenosha and don’t miss this chance. This is a great opportunity and lead into the Summer and Fall.  https://www.bgcsports.org/kenosha-youth-spring-flag-football

10.  We’ve RECENTLY added FOUR large programs to SEYFA and THREE of them are local! This is GREAT news… www.SEYFA.ORG

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

As we enter Holy Week, we want to wish you all a Safe, Healthy, and Happy Easter!

God Bless you all and our thoughts and prayers for better days ahead! J

GO COMETS

Leave a Comment