Comet Player Update 7/18/21
Good afternoon Comet Parents
A handful of updates and some dates to save in your calendar…
NEW Registration… we really only have room to take in players this week until Friday. And that is ONLY if the following below is fully understood:
- We can only hold regst until this coming Friday, and that comes with stipulations. This also includes those players who registered AFTER 7/13 and were NOT fitted at either of the scheduled fittings.
- We cannot guarantee a positive fit for custom jerseys and pants as it requires a fitting and lead time response is AFTER season begins. We attempt to order a little larger than expected as worse case scenario.
- There may be a delay recvg your uniform
- There may be a delay recvg your helmet
- All of this could delay your practice and game start time early in the season
- If you agree to this fully and still want to regst, all is fine until this Friday only.
Last week Riddell had a catastrophic fire at one of their helmet plants forcing us to use another source (Zenith) and the date of the shipment is very close to opening practice or 2nd week.
This is the very best we could do. Please stand by for confirmed shipments if you have not recvd a helmet
All Comet Coaches mtg will be at Thelen Park Wed 7/28 600-700 PM – Team gear to be assigned to coaches also.
Newbie Camp Thur 7/29 530- 700 PM NEW PLAYERS ALL LEVELS ONLY and PARENTS – A chance to meet coaches, the program, review a sample practice, ask questions
New Coaches Mtg Thur7/29 7 PM – 8 PM Immediately after NEWBIE CAMP
8/2 – Opening Practice 530-730 PM
8/2 – Mandatory Parent MTG – Location to be named next week. 6 PM – 7 PM
8/21 – SEYFA Jamboree (Tackle teams only) – More to come later. A VERY big day of football in Spring Grove. Possibly 80 team scrimmage
8/28 – Opening weekend
PARENTS – If you own your child’s helmet, it must be certified within the past two years. We will check them all at practice as we do annually.
If they don’t comply, they will be pulled and you will be scrambling for a new one. Current lead time on turnaround for helmet re-certification is 8 (eight) weeks!
God Bless you all and have a great Sunday!
Leave a Comment